Founder and Owner of Meraki in Motion
Sexual Health Education
Holistic Health Therapist
It has always intrigued me how the body is able to heal itself and because of this fascination I always wanted to study medicine, but circumstances prohibited this. Instead I went to Johannesburg General Hospital and studied to be a nurse while working. While I loved learning something new every day and was enthralled but I was also emotionally and morally torn by what I experienced and made a decision to leave nursing.
I continued following my passion by getting involved in alternative therapies, or as someone once said “original” therapies, as these modalities and knowledge go back centuries.
In 1988 I qualified as a reflexologist and further studied VacuFlex Reflexology and Meridian Therapy. I later augmented this with Aromatherapy and Swedish Massage and Reiki, and completed Reiki 1 and 2 (the Usui method). During this time I also became a life line counsellor.
During my career in IT, I completed a NLP Mentorship program in 1997 and then in 1998 did my NLP Practitioner’s training and have applied this throughout my working career and coached many teams using these principles and practices. More recently I got involved with Ozone Therapy.
In 2011 I started with Pure Romance and became a Sexual Health Educator. Having seen just how much we can positively change women’s lives through education and empowerment, I saw a massive gap in that men desperately want and need this education as well. So my dream of starting a Wellness Center came to fruition 6 years later when I launched Meraki in Motion.
On a lighter note, here are some things you may like to know about me
- How I “ground” myself is to go flying. I did my Private Pilot’s license in 2000. This is part of my spirituality too, in that there is something truly magnificent and awe-inspiring about watching the sunrise while you are soaring above it in the sky especially on a crisp winter’s morning with the mist draped over the rivers, streams and nestled in valleys.
- Having nearly drowned as a child, and despite great discomfort in even being in a swimming pool, I owned my fear, and moved through it by become a scuba diver… I am a bit of adrenalin junkie.
- Another passion is dancing and I would love to incorporate dance into the center one day
- My dream or Big Hairy Audacious Goal is to open a health hydro at the coast or in the bush and augment the services with a similar concept to the Wellness Center.
Sexual Health Educator
- I have had men and women call me up to thank me for helping me save their relationships. Whether it be due to an enhancement cream use to help someone reach an orgasm after 7 frustrating years, unable to do so after a hysterectomy, or a couple on the brink of divorce who discover each other again through the use of our products, but also trying new things because of what they had learned at a party.
- Helping to prepare newly-weds for their honeymoon.
- Having helped and educated hundreds of women on sexual health and intimacy.
Pure Romance has also been personally and financially rewarding to me:
- It is a great honour to be able to talk to women about a subject that in many homes is still regarded as taboo and to know that a positive difference has been made in their lives when I leave.
- My first year in this business, I was the top sales consultant nationally and the only person to achieve the prestigious President’s Club Award in SA in 2012.
- In 2012, I won my first all-expenses paid trip to the USA, for a week a phenomenal training with Sexologists and expert trainers in the business. Also a chance to network with over 4000 women in Pure Romance.
- In 2013 I once again won a trip to the USA based on my retail sales.
- In 2014 I won an all-expenses paid cruise for 2.
- Over the first three years I also won several smaller prizes such as an iPad, R5000 gift vouchers, etc.
- I have had the privilege of presenting on Mix FM on behalf of Pure Romance.
- Every party I do, I see it as a way to positively empower, educate and entertain women.
Meraki in Motion Business Consultant
About Meraki In Motion
Meraki in Motion is a tranquil lifestyle and Wellness Center in Brackenhurst that brings like-minded practitioners and therapists together to assist our clients on their journey to well-being by promoting a balance between body mind and soul, and our surrounding environment.
Our Conference Center is the ideal breakaway venue
to get away from the maddening rush.
The dance and fitness studio offers a diverse range of classes.
Start your transformational journey at Meraki in Motion Wellness Center today.
Meraki in Motion Wellness Center
Mommy Wellness Day Spa : 010 880 2889
Mon- Fri: 08h00 - 18h30. Reception closes at 17h00.
Sat: 08h30 - 16h00. Reception closes at 12h00.
Sun: 09h00- 14h00. No receptionist.
(Only open if there are bookings. Please call before coming through).
Reception is closed for lunch between 14h00-15h00
After hour treatments at therapist's discretion.